A. Modeling of High-level Human Behavior / Development of Human-centered Mechatronics
The analysis and modeling of human behavior is one of the key technologies to develop the human friendly system.
In this research group, the human behavior is investigated from the viewpoint of (continuous/discrete) hybrid dynamical systems. As a result, both of the decision making and motion control functions are modelled simultaneously.
The driver-vehicle system and human-robot cooperative system are particularly focused on as typical applications. In addition, the assisting system is designed based on the identified behavior model and verified through some demonstrative experiments.
- ■ Adaptive Brake Assist System Based on Driver Model
- ■ Development of conveyance assist system based on estimation of intention using EMG
- ■ Consideration About Behavior Properties in-vehicle
- ■ Identification of Personalized Potential Field and Its Application to Obstacle Avoidance Assisting Control
- ■ Development of Parsonalized Home Energy Management System Based on EV and PHV
- ■ Detecting Over-Reliance State on Driver Assistance System
- ■ Fault Diagnosis of Event-Driven Systems based on Bayesian Network
- ・Large-screen driving simulator
- ・Electric vehicle COMS
- ・Electroencephalogram(EEG) measurement device, Electromyography measurement system, Eye-motion detector
- ・Robotic manipulator
- ・Motion capture system
B. Development of Scalable and Adaptive Mechatronic Systems
Most real-world applications require large-scale systems that operate in complex environments. In addition to conventional needs of high-performance and high-speed, there has been a growing demands on reliability and adaptiveness; an ability to cope with unexpected events such as failures and the change of environments, which requires a breakthrough in control technology.
To achieve this goal, in this research group, we develop large-scale systems such as multi-DOF robots and mobile robots that work in complex environments. Moreover, we work on fault diagnosis systems that can quickly detect and diagnose failures occured in other robots and production lines.
- ■ Decentralized control for a multi-legged robot
- ■ Parameter design and adaptive control for a multi-legged robot based on formal verification
- ■ Planning of foot placement and body trajectory for a multi-legged robot
- ■ Man-machine cooperative control of an electric wheelchair considering road surface condition
- ・Six-legged robot
- ・Centipede-like multi-legged robot
- ・Electric wheelchair, personal mobility